Sunday, June 26, 2011

What's more vain than blogging?

In my mind, blogging is a supremely vain venture. I don't know who, if anyone, is going to read and connect with my disjointed thought process. My excuse is that some of my friends are doing it. A couple of them I might follow off a bridge if it was for a good reason.

I'm rather eclectic with my tastes, so I don't suspect that this will become a meaningful experiment for anyone but me. I'm a geek from way back who still enjoys 8-bit games. I play a Druid healer, preferably an elf, in any game that lets me, whether it's WoW, D&D, Magic, or whatever. I'm a wife and almost a mom (5 more weeks from today until my due date). I'm a serious foodie, and I spend most of my spare cash on things like saffron and green cardamom.  I'm also a champion of the disenfranchised and a zealot for equal rights. I have a love-hate relationship with great books and writing, and I am absolutely a whiny ass about that. Reading and writing are a lot harder than you think. That is, unless you're a reader of great books or have been trained in creative writing. Shouldn't more education make things easier? Even I don't believe that anymore. It makes them better, but not easier at all. That's a rant for another day.

If you find something you can take from my lexical soup, feel free to do so. Pass it on. If not, perhaps I will stoke my own ego and entertain myself. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment